Monday, November 02, 2009

The SmallBizWindows HP Mini 1000 MIe Windows 7 Review

Netbooks are all the rage nowadays. They are cheap, accessible, and seemingly everywhere

However, until the release of Windows 7, most of these devices have come with Windows XP based on the heavy resource requirements if Windows Vista™.

Well, now there is Windows 7.

In January 2009, I received an HP Mini 1000 Mie Edition for review as part of a social media program run by Ivy Worldwide (formerly known as BuzzCorps).

This was the least-powered version of the  Mini 1000 series. It was equipped with a 1 GHz  Intel Atom processor, integrated graphics, 1 GB of RAM, and a 16 GB SSD (solid state disk). The unit came with a customized Ubuntu Linux.

To be fair, I decided to give Linux a go. I used Ubuntu for a few weeks until driver issues forced me to return to the Light. Of Windows, that is…(read more)

Follow me on Twitter

No comments: