Ecma international is probably the only progressive standards body out there.
Thanks to them we have Ecma 376, currently submitted to the ISO for certification as a standard, and now, TC46.
TC46, full name TC46- XPS Technical Committee, is a technical committee just formed to develop a standard based on Microsoft's XML Paper Specification.
About time, Microsoft!
I am pleased that Microsoft is pursuing a standards-based certification for this excellent product; excellent even in this first iteration.
As usual, those that cannot, whine! They are miffed that their input was either not solicited, nor required for Ecma 376 (Open Office XML), and might not be for TC46.
Dudes, you have been outed as being irrelevant to these processes.
Just go away already.
Sutor, Updegrove, you know who I'm talking about!
- Microsoft Office and the Small Business
- ODF format loses traction
- XPS Essentials Pack
- The Office-less office?
- The XPS document format
- Open XML is on ISO fast track
- Microsoft calls out Blue
- Open XML, your new document standard
- Breaking news: Apple not worried about Zune!
- Microsoft XML schemas proposed as standards
- Mass Govt moves to OpenDocument – III
- Mass Govt moves to OpenDocument – II
- Mass Govt moves to OpenDocument