Just announced at HP's Mobility Summit in Shanghai, China were a total of five (5) new notebooks over the HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario brands.
The units are:
- HP Pavilion dv2000 with a 14.1-inch widescreen display, NVIDIA GeForce® 8400M graphics, HP QuickPlay 3.2 and a built-in HP Pavilion Webcam,
- HP Pavilion dv6000 Series with the option of including an HD DVD-ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer drive, a 15.4-inch widescreen display, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M graphics, HP QuickPlay 3.2, an optional integrated HP Pavilion Webcam and optional built-in 802.11a/b/g/Draft-n wireless capabilities.
- HP Pavilion dv9000 series with a 17-inch widescreen display with optional built-in HD DVD-ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer drive, a roomy keyboard with full numeric keypad, dual hard drives providing up to 320GB of storage, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M graphics, a built-in HP Pavilion Webcam, QuickPlay 3.2 and an ExpressCard TV tuner for Windows Vista notebooks.
- Compaq Presario V3000 Series, and
- Compaq Presario V6000 Series
The HP dv6000 and dv9000 notebooks are also the company's first to sport an optional HD DVD drive.
As you can tell, we cannot wait to lay out mitts on these babies.